Friday 21 May 2010

Ski Storage


Sports Equipment Storage

Asgard have developed a number of sports equipment storage units. These tough weatherproof all metal units are made from galvanised steel. This makes them rust proof, so there is no need to worry about putting your wet equipment in. The Asgard range of secure metal storage units are unique as they all have built (hidden) in vents in the roof. This clever feature allows moisture to escape helping to reduce condensation inside the units, keeping your expensive equipment in perfect condition.

As the units are made from tough heavy gauge metal they are very secure and rodent proof, so no mice holes. But what makes them such a good choice?? We have picked the most common sports equipment units available for all manner of sports and had a good look at each of them.

We have asked several different people who take part in these sports to comment on each. We know all about the highly successful Asgard Bike Storage units, so we will start with the secure sports storage unit for skis and ski equipment.


Sports Storage - Safe And Secure Ski Storage

1: Ski Storage rack: Price £55.00 Holds two sets of skis and 8 poles.Made from epoxy coated wire, screws to your garage or shed wall – no assembly required. Suitable for internal use only.


ski store
The comments:


“Seems very expensive for what is essentially a large coat hanger. I don’t understand the purpose of it. It looks easy enough to fix to the garage wall, but I ski only twice a year, so I would imagine my skis would get damaged as we go about our daily life. Would be better if it was in a cupboard or maybe a wardrobe”- A

“Where can I put my jackets?? They are too big to put in our wardrobe, so they will still have to go upstairs in the attic, so I don’t see a point of keeping the skis in the garage and the jackets etc else where”- B

“No good to me. I keep all my equipment outside in the shed wrapped up in an old sleeping bag, so nobody knows what they are. They don’t offer any way of hiding what they are, everything is on show. I would be tempted to put a chain around them for security” - C

2: Asgard sports storage (storage for ski equipment): Price around £500. Large unit suitable for internal and external use. Holds multiple sets of skis, jackets, snowboards and boots. Made from rust proof heavy gauge metal, integral metal floor a 5 point locking system approved to level 1 by the Loss Prevention Certification Board.

The comments:

“I have some Solomon skis, costing around £500 so this unit is as much as the skis. With that in mind it’s good that the unit is so big, I could actually get all three sets of our ski gear in here with all the boots etc. So at £500 that is a little more sensible. The locking mechanism is excellent, very secure. If the LPCB certification gets an insurance discount then that would be excellent”. “I would be happy to leave this outside in the garden un attended” - A

“I like this idea. We don’t have room in the garage for a special ski store (who does??) so this would go in the garden. Looks quite a stylish unit and seems very secure, so I would think it would keep all my clothes safe.. It’s not cheap though, but if it is insurance approved it would probably be worth it given we have around £3000 of equipment. Looks like there may be room for the lawn mower as well so it could be multipurpose”. – B

“Looks better than my wooden shed. The vented roof is a good idea keeping moisture of my stuff. It would be nice to get rid of the sleeping bags and the mice that now seem to live in them. The free integrated tool rail is a great idea, good for hanging masks etc.”. - C


To see further details of the Asgard sports store for skis click here

No comments:

Post a Comment